Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rain, rain (don't) go away...

I just LOVE rainy days. While my husband finds it such a hassle (causes traffic, he can't run/train outdoors, etc.), I find it completely relaxing. There's no better feeling for me that waking up to the sound of rain pounding on the rooftop and windows. It makes me want to curl up in bed or read a good book while eating a bowl of champorado (in my house before, especially when my grandmother was still alive, champorado with tuyo would always be our merienda once it rained).

source

I love the cloudy weather and the coolness the rain brings (I love it when it rains so hard that you don't even need aircon or an electric fan). Of course, I used to look forward to the rainy season when I was younger since it meant no classes during typhoons. Whenever I find out that classes are suspended, I can't go back to sleep no matter how early it is since I just want to take advantage of the whole day.

I also love taking showers in the rain! I remember all the kids in our street would go out of their houses once it started pouring. I also loved making paper boats and then I'd have them float in the canals in our street once it stopped raining (it was definitely a lot cleaner then). ;p

So I'm definitely glad that the rainy season is finally here (the heavy downpour a while ago was definitely an indication). I for one can't stand the freaking heat anymore! Of course, I just hope that everyone stays safe and that we don't get hit by any monster storms or floods (*keeping my fingers crossed*).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...