Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Phantom of the Opera

I finally got the chance to watch The Phantom of the Opera last Friday at the CCP. I bought our tickets at a Ticketworld Outlet so that I could personally choose our seats. When I tried buying online kasi, it automatically gives you the best seats available. Eh I wanted to be sure I was really choosing the best seats so I wanted to buy at an outlet talaga hehe. At least I even got a ticket holder which is so much better than just printing out your tickets on bond paper. So you sort of have a souvenir already. ;p


Around 4:30pm on the day of our show, I even got a text from Ticketworld telling me to allow extra time for travel since there might be heavy traffic. Close kami? haha! We arrived at CCP at around 6:15pm which was just perfect since we were still able to get a parking slot. We had dinner at Harbor Square, which is the row of restaurants just across CCP. There are lots of places to choose from like Teriyaki Boy, Dencio's, Pancake House, Jollibee, KFC, Starbucks and many more. We finally entered CCP at around 7:30pm just in time for the 8pm show.

date night

I really enjoyed the show since the performance, music, costumes and stage design were all spectacular. I didn't really know the exact details of the play, just the basic synopsis, so I was excited to know how everything will turn out. My favorite musical numbers were Think of Me, The Music of the Night and All I Ask of You. These are obviously the more popular songs and in fact, I could hear a couple of people humming and singing along to the music haha! There were some parts though where I couldn't understand what they were singing especially the soprano parts! I don't know if it was just me, but hubby couldn't understand it either lol. ;p

at the lobby right after the show

Btw, cameras are not allowed inside the venue so you have to deposit it just before you enter. But phones / tablets are ok. I still managed to sneak my digicam in though (#pasaway).  But the ushers are super strict and have eagle eyes. The moment I took out my camera inside the theater, an usher approached me and said I couldn't use it haha! I even tried using it during intermission to have our photos taken by the backdrop but again, I was intercepted. Ok fine, I get it! ;p The usher said I could use it right after the show though since other people who had their cameras confiscated might complain. Oo nga naman. =) But I really don't get the no camera rule when most of the phones and tablets there probably have better resolutions than my digicam. SLRs I understand. But anyway, if you plan on having your photo taken by the backdrop in the lobby though, better do it during intermission since not a lot of people leave their seats. Once the play ends, everyone rushes to the lobby and there's just so much chaos with everyone wanting to have their pic taken.


The Phantom of the Opera runs until October 14 so go ahead and buy your tickets now if you haven't seen it! Now I really want to watch the movie version starring Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum. =)

2 comments:

  1. Helene! I was googling Phantom of the Opera and landed here. I didn't even know this was your blog until I scrolled down and saw you and Vins :)

    Wishing you and your adorable family well :)

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee! Yes, blogging is what's keeping me busy nowadays hehe. And regarding Phantom, go watch! =)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...