Monday, June 11, 2012

What I'm Watching: Giuliana & Bill

One of the shows I'm currently watching now is the reality show Giuliana & Bill. I've always been a big fan of Giuliana from E! I think she's one of the best TV anchors out there. She's funny, smart, charming and super engaging. I've also watched Bill win the first season of The Apprentice, so I was happy when I found out that they were a couple. I even watched their wedding special and when they announced that they were coming out with a reality show, I was all in!


source

What I love about their show is that you can tell that they are the real deal. They are so natural and you can see how much they love each other.

I've been following them since season 1 and let's just say that they've certainly had their ups and downs. The show started with them as newlyweds so ideally, we would have seen Giuliana get pregnant and eventually give birth then the show would be about how they raise their kid/s and be a family. But sadly, that is not how the show has progressed. Through the seasons, we've seen how the couple has struggled with infertility, a miscarriage, and failed IVF attempts. But through all these problems, they've managed to stay strong in supporting each other and coming out more in love than ever.

In the last season, the finale showed Giuliana & Bill going for their 3rd try at IVF. I was really hoping for the best and then news came out last year that Giuliana found out she had breast cancer while in the middle of treatment. I couldn't believe it. I was so invested in their story that this news just broke my heart. It's like they couldn't win. It would later be revealed that Giuliana decided to undergo a double mastectomy to completely remove the cancer.

Season 5, which is what I'm watching now at E!, chronicles how Giuliana found out about the cancer and the difficult decisions they had to make as a couple. With the development of the cancer, their plans to have a baby would be further put on hold. But I think their string of bad luck is finally over since they are now expecting their 1st child via gestational carrier later this year! I couldn't be happier for them. They seem like such a nice couple and I just wish them the best.

This show is heartbreaking to watch at times but it just makes me look at my life differently and be all the more thankful for the blessings I have received. I mean, I can't imagine dealing with even half the stuff they went through so far. In my own life, seeing my kids makes me think how lucky we are. Whenever I get frustrated when the house is a mess and the kids are out of control, I just remember that other people have far bigger problems than me.What's amazing about them is that instead of feeling sorry for themselves, they choose to look at the brighter side of things. Like they kept saying that maybe there was a bigger reason why IVF didn't work for them. And they were right since it was their last try at IVF that required Giuliana to get a mammogram (which she didn't want to do at first since she was just in her 30's). So they wouldn't even have found out about the cancer this early had they gotten pregnant before. They've been kicked down so many times but they just keep on getting up and moving on. They always laugh and still have fun. Their positive attitude and outlook is just so inspiring.

Watching Giuliana & Bill gives me hope that perseverance will pay off in the end. They never gave up in trying to have a baby despite all the challenges they faced and now they are finally getting there. This past year, I've also had friends have difficulty in getting pregnant while others have had miscarriages. These are sad stories to hear and all you can do is be there for them and pray, pray, pray that things will get better. As one of my friends always says: "in God's own time." And I really believe that God has a plan for all of us and in the end, everything will work out just fine. Now I can't wait to watch Giuliana & Bill as they welcome their first baby in a couple of months! They really deserve this and I'm sure they'll be fabulous parents. =)

Giuliana & Bill (Season 5) airs every Wednesday, 8PM at E! (channel 57 in Sky Cable)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...