Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Eve Lunch

Happy New Year everyone! I wish I could be more happy but in reality, me and the kids have been battling runny noses, sore throats and coughs these past few days (thankfully no fever). It wasn't helped by the fact that we've been up late every single day since Christmas Eve with different family gatherings, reunions, and get-togethers with friends. So in a nutshell... I am just wiped out!

But of course, that's no reason to be a party pooper. So for New Year's Eve, hubby and I gamely contributed to the family lunch by cooking steak and risotto. So in addition to being sick, I'm also fat with all the non-stop eating too! ;p


My specialty, bacon and mushroom risotto (click here for recipe and how I did it). During my first attempt a few months ago, the risotto ended up a little bit dry. But now, it was just perfect! The texture was creamy and it was so flavorful! Everyone enjoyed it, especially me. =)


Ok, all this posting about food is making me hungry! Sira talaga ang diet during the holidays! Now after I get well, time to get back in shape again! ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...