Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Transformers Collector's Exhibit in SM BF

I was never a fan of Transformers since I was never exposed to it as a kid. I don't have any brothers plus I went to an all-girls school so I pretty much spent my childhood back in the 80's with Barbie, Rainbow Brite, She-Ra, Jem and the Holograms, and the Care Bears.

When the Transformers movies first came out a few years ago, I wasn't really that excited and just watched it since it was a big blockbuster film. To be honest, I was really confused with whether they were aliens or robots or whatever haha! ;p

Fast forward to a few years later when I had my son who's now 3 years old. After his dad introduced him to Transformers last year, he's been obsessed with them ever since! My hubby even downloaded the original 80's movie and my son loves watching it as well as the new ones. Even his 3rd birthday party had a Transformers theme (check it out HERE).

If before I had no idea, now I practically know all the names of the characters! I know the Autobots, the Decepticons, and now the Dinobots too. And for the first time, I'm super excited to watch the new Transformers 4 movie!

So when I found out that there was going to be a Transformers Collector's Exhibit in SM City BF Paranaque, of course we had to check it out.


It was just a small exhibit but the toys were pretty interesting. However, it was cordoned off so you couldn't really check out the toys up close. I was also expecting mascots like Optimus Prime to be there, so it was quite disappointing that there was only a Bumblebee statue there (although maybe they'll have on the weekend?). And even if my son loves the Transformers, he apparently is still scared of mascots so he refused to have his photo taken with Bumblebee. Hay naku!


I was honestly expecting a whole lot more with the set-up. Maybe even a nice big background to take a picture with or something? Thank goodness we were really in the area since we had to go to the grocery. I think I would be mad if we traveled far just to see this haha! I think it was hubby who enjoyed this exhibit more though. He loved this display below since some of the toys were vintage and said we should recreate it at home with Sabe's toys (yes, he has that much!).


Here were the other displays:


The Transformers: Collector's Exhibit and Cosplay is on view at SM City BF Paranaque's Main Atrium from June 16 to 29 (10am - 9pm). Check it out if you're in the area and are a fan of the Transformers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...