Monday, June 23, 2014

Goodbye Summer, Hello School!

We are officially done with the 1st week of school! I can't believe summer has come and gone so quickly. Now we're back to homework and baon and hatid-sundo. :)

Last May, we enrolled Sabe in a summer program in order to prepare him for school. Like I mentioned in my post last month, it was really a struggle for us since Sabe was really crying the whole time and didn't want to be left alone during the first few days. It took a while, but eventually he started to warm up to his teachers and began enjoying himself.

some of the activities during his summer classes

Watching him perform during the culminating activity made me so proud because I could really tell how much progress he made during all those weeks. From the scared little boy who didn't want to let go of me, he was now able to interact with his classmates and follow the teacher's directions.

Sabe as a cow during the "Old MacDonald Had A Farm" number

But I have say, we were anxious again during his official first day last Monday since he didn't want to wake up in the morning and was giving us a hard time dressing him up. He was very cranky in the car but all that changed the minute we got to school. He confidently went inside, greeted the teachers and walked to his classroom like a pro! We couldn't believe it! We were prepared for some tears but I'm so glad we were wrong. :)

he's always so excited to show us his stamp everyday after school

Miley, on the other hand, had ballet lessons this summer. As a mom, I really couldn't wait for the day I could finally bring my daughter to ballet class. I have to say though that I think she enjoyed making new friends more than the dancing itself. She would always be making chika her classmates and I'd always have to signal for her to follow the teacher haha!

To be honest, we weren't really expecting much from her dance recital since it seemed like she wasn't that into it. But I was really surprised when she gave a wonderful performance and was able to do all the steps. I'm so proud of her for finishing the program however she says she doesn't want to do ballet anymore. Swimming classes na lang daw! Ok fine! My ballet dreams are forever crushed haha! ;p


Miley used to be in the afternoon batch last year, but I moved both of them to the morning classes this year. They're still getting used to sleeping and waking up early (especially Sabe!). But I'm happy that any moodiness disappears once they get to school. And I have to be honest and say that I do quite enjoy the few hours of peace and quiet I get in the morning when both kids are at school lol! ;p

back to being the kids' driver

What about you moms? How was your kids' first week of school? :)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...