Friday, March 29, 2013

Stations of the Cross at Bonifacio High Street

When I was younger, memories of Holy Week included watching the 7th Heaven marathon on TV (raise your hand if you loved that show!). We also did Bisita Iglesia, but in the last couple of years we'd just do the Stations of the Cross in church. This year, I suggested we go to Bonifacio High Street for something new.

Walkway: Reflections on the Stations of the Cross (now on its 6th year) is an artistic and interactive exhibit designed to challenge the way you see the events surrounding the crucifixion of Jesus.

I really love the concept since I believe it's a great way to encourage more people to participate and reflect this Holy Week. Although we went yesterday afternoon (Holy Thursday) so there were really a LOT of people, which took out a little of the solemnity for me. But I highly recommend it because it's a great experience for anyone, old and young alike. I love how even the kids can take part in their own little way, like getting a red cloth, donating P5.00, or walk through a dark room.

can you spot my little boy dancing in the middle of the crowd? ;p
checking out the wine and bread at the last station

You can still catch the Walkway exhibit until March 31 from 11AM to 11PM. It will be capped off by an Easter concert featuring Jars of Clay, to be held at the urban amphitheater at Bonifacio High Street Central at 6PM.

Have a blessed Holy Week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...