Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Cherry Blossoms in Singapore

Hello! If you're following me on Instagram, then you know we just got back from sunny Singapore & Malaysia a few days ago. But don't you sometimes feel like you need a vacation from your vacation? Haha I know hubby and I do, especially after traveling with the kids. To think we didn't even take Skyler along because at 2, I don't think he'll even remember the trip. And I honestly don't know how we can travel with all 3 kids without a yaya or other family members to help. Just Miley and Sabe were a handful! But enough about that for now, I'll be sure to blog about our many adventures in the coming weeks. :)

Anyway, most people were on vacation during the Holy Week and a lot of those I saw online were in Japan, enjoying the cool weather. And I'm sure more people will be going there since it's cherry blossom season! This is definitely something that is on my bucket list, and I guess I was one step closer since I was able to see cherry blossoms... but in Singapore!


I wasn't really planning on visiting the Flower Dome in Gardens by the Bay during this trip since I already went there last year. But when my friend said that the display was cherry blossoms, I knew I had to see it!


The exhibit called "Blossom Beats" is styled after a traditional Japanese garden and features elements such as Japanese screens, kimonos, and even a torii gate. It was on display from March 11 to 27 only, so I feel so lucky that we were able to catch it when we were there. Anyway, get ready for tons of pictures starting in 3, 2, 1...


See, I didn't even have to travel to Japan to see the cherry blossoms! It was also extra cold in the dome since they had to lower the temperature to create optimal conditions for the flowers. So it really felt like we were in Japan for a bit haha!

Anyway, to see my previous visit to the Flower Dome (which featured nursery rhymes) click HERE. You can also check out the Cloud Forest HERE.


GARDENS BY THE BAY: FLOWER DOME
18 Marina Gardens Drive Singapore 018953
Tel: (+65) 6420 6848.  
Email: feedback@gardensbythebay.com.sg
Website: http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/the-gardens/attractions/flower-dome.html

4 comments:

  1. I love your top blouse Temang tema sa cherry blossom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe napansin mo? :) I really wore that top para nga matching sa flowers! :p thanks!

      Delete
  2. That's so smart of Singapore for having their own cherry blossom display. Dagdag attraction nga naman for tourists. I also like your top, so girly and stylish! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...