Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Gardens by the Bay: Cloud Forest

After going around the Flower Dome in Gardens by the Bay, we then moved on to the Cloud Forest which has a completely different vibe. It features plants from tropical highlands between 1,000 to 3,500 metres above sea level and a 35-metre-tall man-made mountain (the “Cloud Mountain”) covered in lush vegetation.



This spectacular waterfall (which is the world’s tallest indoor waterfall) greets you right as you enter and I was really in awe at how beautiful it was. It was also super cold in this part btw, so bring a jacket.


It was already 7:00pm when we entered and our camera and phone batteries were practically drained from all the photos we took during the day (especially from the Flower Dome). Good thing there was still a bit of sunlight left, but I would definitely recommend going here earlier to appreciate it more.

We took the elevator to the highest point and then you make your way down on foot via the "Cloud Walk", which takes you around the mountain for a closer view of the different plants and vegetation.

I have to tell you that I am TERRIFIED of heights, so this whole experience was very nerve-racking and scary for me. Even though the walkway was made of steel, I just kept imagining it breaking from all the weight of the people on it! Morbid I know haha! I couldn't even really enjoy the view or take in all the beauty of the plants since I was just walking really, really fast to get down already.


I went ahead of my friends already, but they had to call me back so we could take pictures haha! I may look calm and happy but I was really shaking inside with cold and sweaty palms. ;p


And the sides of the steel walkway were like the mesh type flooring! This took all my willpower to take a pic standing on that part where I could see all the way down! I had to conquer my fears somehow right? ;p

 
Just looking down made me dizzy! Beautiful views, but not for the weak-hearted like me. And I can't imagine taking my kids here with them running around, I think I might just have a heart attack lol! Maybe we'll just stick to the Flower Dome when we come back. ;p



GARDENS BY THE BAY: CLOUD FOREST
18 Marina Gardens Drive Singapore 018953
Tel: (+65) 6420 6848.
Email: feedback@gardensbythebay.com.sg
Website: http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/the-gardens/attractions/cloud-forest.html

Hours:
Opens 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM daily
Last ticket sale at 8:00 PM daily
Last admission at 8:30 PM daily

Standard Admission (includes entry to Flower Dome):
Adult - $28
Senior Citizen* - $28
Child** - $15

Local Resident Admission (includes entry to Flower Dome):
Adult - $20
Senior Citizen* - $15
Child** - $12

Local Resident Admission (Flower Dome or Cloud Forest only):  
Adult - $12
Senior Citizen* - $8
Child** - $8

* Senior Citizen (≥ 60 years old)
** Child (3 – 12 years old)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...