Thursday, February 22, 2018

The Big Bad Wolf Book Fair at World Trade Center

I love reading and collecting books ever since I was a kid. I remember I would ask Santa for books instead of toys, like the Sweet Valley and Baby-Sitters Club series, which I had practically every issue of. I had so much that I eventually sold them in a garage sale years ago, but I still kept my favorites which hopefully my daughter will enjoy as well.

I first found out about the Big Bad Wolf Book Fair on Instagram. To be honest, I wasn't planning to go since I still have so much unread books from the National Bookstore sale earlier this year. And I was trying to limit my spending already after all my shopping from the End of Season sales.

But seeing all the positive posts from people who've gone to the book fair made me decide to finally go yesterday. And I'm glad I did!



The Big Bad Wolf Book Fair started in Malaysia back in 2009. It has traveled around Southeast Asia like Thailand, Sri Lanka, and Indonesia, and finally they've come to the Philippines this 2018.

With over 2 millions books at 60-80% off, they're open 24 HOURS at the World Trade Center until this Sunday, February 25.

Hubby and I arrived at around 10am yesterday (Feb 21) and surprisingly there weren't that much people. I guess since it's a weekday obviously. Based on the pictures I saw on Instagram, parang mas madaming tao pa in the wee hours of the morning hehe.

ADMISSION IS FREE and no food and drinks allowed inside.

no lines when we arrived
the giant lighted signage that I always see in IG
here we go!!!

It was really overwhelming when you enter since there are books everywhere! As in nakakaloka, you don't know where to start. Well, the first thing you do is grab a shopping cart (or two) and get going. Oh, and it was cold pala inside, so do bring a jacket.



I was specifically looking for popular Young Adult (YA) titles like the Hunger Games, Divergent, Maze Runner, and Percy Jackson but when I asked sold out na daw huhu! I also noticed that there's not that much selection from the YA genre anymore. There was Twilight though but only Eclipse and the Special Edition Life and Death Twilight Reimagined book.

There were a lot of romance and chic lit books with cute covers, mostly P190, but I wasn't familiar with the authors. Wala ng Sophie Kinsella or Jojo Moyes as well. Hopefully the books I picked out are nice hehe.


Btw, I'm also OC with books (as in I always check the spine and the edges if walang folds or dents) and I'm happy that almost all are in perfect condition and wrapped in plastic. They usually have a sample book open so you can browse the pages.


The book fair is perfect if you have kids, so many titles to choose from! Lots of story books, fairytales, activity books, sticker books, and board books for children of all ages.


Oh and there's lots of adult coloring books too!


I think best books to shop are from the Non-Fiction section though. There's lots of coffee table and hard bound books on Architecture & Design, Fashion & Beauty, Cooking & Baking, Crafts & Hobbies, Music & Movies, Sports, and Travel. These books are more expensive, ranging from P500-P1500 but still a fraction of the cost from their regular price outside.

Crafts & Hobbies
Cooking and Baking
Fashion
Beauty & Style
Music & Movies
Sports
Architecture and Design

There's a sorting area where you can browse through and make your final decisions before paying.


I also saw a storage area where you can leave unpaid books for 24 hours. Perfect if you plan to eat first or come back later.


There were a lot of cashiers and no lines when we paid. Credit cards are accepted. You can't bring your cart outside to the parking area, so I guess that's why they recommend bringing a maleta (luggage) in case you buy a lot. I just brought 2 huge eco bags though, kasya naman but yeah it was heavy. Buti I was with hubby lol.


Here's our loot:


Hubby's picks were the most expensive but still sulit since they were all beautiful hardbound copies. Perfect coffee table books.


He had hoped to find a book on watches and we hit the jackpot with this one. At P680, this was our most expensive purchase but a steal considering how big and thick the book is.


All in all, we bought 26 books for P7,320. That's like less than P300 per book! When we got home and showed the kids, they were so happy especially my daughter who's as much a bookworm like me!


We spent around 3.5 hours here, but you could easily stay the entire day! It was so fun browsing and reading through the books. I saw posts saying that they usually restock everyday, so there still might be new titles in the coming days. I still wanna go back though, bitin pa with just one trip! Anyway, I definitely can't wait for this book fair again next year, for sure 1st day pa lang I'm here na! ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...