Friday, April 17, 2015

Food trip at the Salcedo Saturday Market

Surprisingly, this was my first ever trip to the Salcedo Market. I've been to the Legaspi one a few years ago and if I remember correctly, Salcedo is definitely bigger and has more stuff. We went at about 11am, and luckily we were still able to find a pretty good parking spot. It wasn't as hot as I was anticipating thanks to a light breeze, but be prepared to still get a little sweaty (especially now that it's summer). So wear comfortable clothes and shoes! Plus a fan and an umbrella (in case it rains) would also help. ;p


Anyway, be sure to go there on an empty stomach since there's so much food to eat and buy! Here's just some I was able to take pics of:

bread and pastries
sauces and spreads
Delimondo at 5% off
fresh seafood
kale mix chips
Filipino delicacies

There's also other products aside from food that you can check out:

native items

There's a seating area but it was already full, so we just bought stuff and ate while walking around.

wagyu shawarma (which was huge!)
tapa rice
Ilocos empanada
churros

Btw, my friend also had a stall there - Dibs Spreads. These homemade dips/spreads are freshly made, so yummy and perfect for snacking. You can eat them with crackers, chips, veggie sticks, sandwiches, or whatever! They have lots of different flavors but I ended up getting the Basil Pesto which hubby and I finished in almost one sitting. For orders, you can text 0917-8585377 or email dibs.spreads@gmail.com. :)


I'm so glad I was able to check this out and for sure it won't be my last time. ;p



Salcedo Community Market
Jaime C. Velasquez Park, Salcedo Village, Makati, Metro Manila
Saturdays, 7:00 am - 2:00 pm

1 comment:

  1. Tried the Suki-Gyouza before and it was delish. Ang mura pa. They also sell at Midnight Mercato in Taguig. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...