Monday, September 1, 2014

How I got my Korean Tourist Visa

Applying for my Korean Tourist Visa was so much easier that I expected. Not like when I applied for my Australian Tourist Visa which was more complicated and expensive too!

All you have to do is visit the Korean Embassy website for the requirements. Love how there's even a category for housewives hehe. :)

http://embassy_philippines.mofa.go.kr/english/as/embassy_philippines/visa/requirement/index.jsp


Then, just print out and fill up the application form also found on their website. There's a second page which gives instructions on how to fill out the form.

http://embassy_philippines.mofa.go.kr/english/as/embassy_philippines/visa/form/20111026/28259_file_VISA%20APPLICATION%20FORM.pdf


Good news also for BPI Gold and Platinum Cardholders since I saw this notice in their Visa Announcement section:


When you have all your requirements, just proceed to the Korean Embassy located at 122 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Town Center, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City.

  • The Korean Embassy is located at the corner of Upper Mckinley Rd. and C5 Rd, right beside the British Embassy.
  • From Guadalupe MRT Station or Market-Market, take the FTI-C5 jeepney. It will take 20 minutes from Guadalupe MRT Station and 7 minutes from Market-Market.
  • From the Venice Piazza at Mckinley Hill, there is a free shuttle bus that will take you to Upper McKinely Rd. The ride will take about 10 minutes. The Embassy is within walking distance from the last Bust Stop at Mckinley Rd.
  • When you take a cab/taxi, ask the driver to drop you off at the Korean Embassy at Mckinley Hill along C5 road, beside the British Embassy.

Visa application time is from 9am-11am, Monday to Friday. I went on a Tuesday and arrived there at about 9:30am. I signed in their log sheet and was required to leave an ID in exchange for their guest pass.


Once inside, I just handed my documents to the person right by the entrance who is in charge of checking the papers. Everything was ok so he gave me a number and told me to go to Window 3, which is for frequent travelers or those who have traveled as tourists to the OECD member countries within 5 years (in my case Australia). When I checked the number that was called, I was surprised that I was next! And once it was my turn, the girl just checked if my documents were complete then gave me the claim stub which said that my passport would be released after 3 days.

It just took me all of 10 minutes and I was done! It was so funny since just when hubby was able to find parking, he received my text that I was finished hehe. Sayang daw P30 niya! I guess I was just lucky din since I noticed more people arriving when I left. ;p

Anyway, I guess I was so happy and excited when I was done that I didn't realize until we got home that I still had that damn guest ID clipped on me! Which meant I left my driver's license back at the Embassy. Haaaay stupid! Good thing my brother-in-law works in Fort so he was able to go there na lang and get it for me. ;p

We went back last Friday to the Embassy for the releasing of passports which is from 2pm-4pm, Monday to Friday. It started raining like crazy when we were on the road so we got stuck in a bit of traffic. I got there at 3:30pm but I had to walk quite a bit since hubby wasn't able to drop me right in front. And it was getting flooded na ha! Needless to say, I got soaked and my shoes got ruined. But again, it was very quick once I got inside since I was able to get my passport immediately in just a few minutes. And good news since I was approved for multiple entries for 3 years! Yahoooo! Korea, here I come! :)


KOREAN EMBASSY Contact Numbers:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...