Sunday, June 28, 2015

Crate & Barrel (SM Aura)

I got a chance to finally check out American retail brand and home furnishing store Crate & Barrel earlier this month at their latest branch in SM Aura. The one in SM Megamall has been open since November last year.

SM Aura branch

The store was huge and it was divided into the different home sections - kitchen, dining, bedroom, living room, entertaining. I believe it was the Spring 2015 collection on display when I was there. Here's just some of the items that caught my eye.


2-Tier Server - P2,299, White Market Bowl - P909,
Mini Cupcake Papers (set of 96) - P299, Different colored cupcake pedestals - P139 each
cute tomato printed bowls
Noodle/Soup Bowls with chopsticks - P289 each
love the print on these napkins - P199 each
Yellow tray (which also comes in different colors) - P1,379
Blue pitchers (top shelf) - P1,369
different kinds of chairs to choose from
living room vignette
61x91cm Rug - P829
the couches all look so plush and comfy
I want this dining set but waaay out of my budget (about P100k+!) ;p
Throw Pillows from P1,089 to P2,069
more accessories and decorative items
Candles ranging from P139 to P579 
Those wicker baskets were P2,359 each
Tuscan inspired bridal vignette in partnership with Bridal Pod
Cute beer coasters (set of 12) for P309
Set of 6 beer sampler plates P1,079
Wine charms for about P650
cute gift ideas
I can't resist a cute owl

Overall, it was a bit expensive for me considering the quality you can get in SM and Landmark department stores nowadays, Like I wouldn't spend P1k for a throw pillow cover here when I can get it for P100 at Landmark. And I'm sure you can find much cheaper alternatives for generic items like candles, placemats, table napkins, glasses, etc elsewhere. For decorative and ceramic pieces like plates and bowls, Landmark and Dapitan are good sources for a fraction of the cost.


I would consider buying the cute novelty items like the beer coasters and beer sampler plates (my hubby would love those). And they have lots of nice stuff for gifts or accent pieces around the home. But I guess really up to you what items you want to splurge or save on.


I'm just glad more stores from abroad are now here in Manila like Pottery Barn and West Elm. At least there are now more choices and options when shopping for the home. Now only if they can bring Ikea and Target here! ;p



CRATE & BARREL

3/F SM Aura
4/F Mega Fashion Hall, SM Megamall 
Website: www.crateandbarrel.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/CrateandBarrelPhilippines
Instagram: http://instagram.com/crateandbarrelph

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...