Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Skipping my way into shape

I have to be honest. The whole running thing I promised to get back to is just not working for me. I tried it, I really did (hmm, does 5 times count as trying?). I don't know why I can spend the whole day walking in the mall but cannot for the life of me go running around the park 5 times. ;p

But I want to get back into shape. People who know me say I don't need to lose weight, I look fine as is. But let me give you the background story. Luckily, I've been thin all my life. My weight before I had kids was always around 100 lbs. Actually, there was a time I was so thin, it didn't look good anymore. Blame it on my super fast metabolism when I was younger that allowed me to eat all the rice I wanted without gaining weight.

Now, after 2 kids, I'm about 120 lbs. That's actually a good weight for me but the problem is I've developed flabs from just sitting around all day at home and eating a LOT. My super fast metabolism has also slowed down I think. What I want to do is tone my body, get a nice butt, lose the fat in my arms, and of course tighten my stomach. Basically, to get back to my pre-pregnancy body, only better. I'm attending a friend's wedding in Boracay this November so I'm really motivated to look good in a bikini by that time!

Since the running thing hasn't worked out, I'm now trying a new exercise routine... skipping rope! I loved doing this when I was a kid. In fact, I'm pretty good at it!

According to this article, jumping rope improves cardiovascular fitness while toning muscle at the same time. Its a great calorie-burner, strengthens the upper and lower body, and is good for the heart. It also says that you'd have to run an eight-minute mile to work off more calories than you'd burn jumping rope (yey!).

Hopefully this works out for me. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress and if it does improve my body. Fingers crossed! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...