Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pack away

I've been trying to teach the kids how to "pack away" or put their toys away after playing. When we brought Miley to playschool before, the teachers sang a song about cleaning up but I can't remember the lyrics. Anyway, I just made up my own lyrics to the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" which goes something like "pack away your stuff for play... pack away your stuff for play..." There's also another song I sing which is to the tune of Go Away! with the lyrics "pack away all your stuff now, pack away!" What's funny is that Miley still replies "Go away!" after every verse which is the original lyrics of the song. ;p

Anyway, one time I noticed Miley actually putting away her toys! Sorry for the blurry photos, I just grabbed whatever camera was available to document this momentous event. =)

putting back her toys in the container...
even checking under the bed to see if she missed something...
now sitting on the box to make sure it closes properly...
job well done! clap clap clap!

I was so proud of her I wanted to cry! We were even singing the pack away song while she was cleaning up! But then...

baby brother is here and wants to play...
the toys are all back on the floor...
little rascals wreak havoc once more!

At least the room was clean for 1 minute haha! Although Miley now packs away her blocks or Legos but then dumps then all on the floor again right after. At least she's starting to get the concept. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...