Thursday, July 19, 2018

DIY: Turning culotte pants into a skirt

I have this cute pair of culottes, but I never really liked the way it fit especially in the crotch and butt area (way too tight). But I really liked the striped material, so I decided to just turn it into a skirt!


This project was SO easy to do, I wish I had thought of it sooner! To start, just lay your pants down on a flat surface.


Then I just cut the inside seams all the way from one end to the other.


Then I turned the skirt inside out and aligned the open edges on both sides. Pin both sides together to form the unified material for your skirt.


The striped pattern helped me in pinning a straight line down both sides.


Then I just sewed straight down the left and right to close the sides. I used a sewing machine but handstitching it would also be ok. I also just trimmed the extra fabric on both sides and didn't hem it anymore (no need since the material didn't fray naman).


Then turn it right side out and the skirt is good to go! Super easy!


You can do this with any pair of loose pants you have, even jeans! So what do you think of my new A-line skirt? I even used the extra material I cut off from the sides as a belt. So happy I didn't have to let go of this piece since I really love the stripes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...