Saturday, July 28, 2018

DIY Harry Potter costume

It's Book Week again at school! And I didn't have to worry about my son's costume since I just recycled it from his sister's last year. ;p


My daughter dressed up as Hermoine Granger last year and good thing I kept all the elements I DIY'd so I wouldn't have to do it again.


I just reused the cloak, necktie, and badge, and got a new tree branch from our garden to use as the wand. To see more of how I did these elements, click HERE.


The only other major item I needed was the round glasses and luckily I found these in SM Department Store for about P180! It even had an "anti-radiation" sticker on it, so Sabe has been using it even in the house when watching iPad lol! ;p


And of course, I had to put Harry's scar on his forehead! I just used an eyebrow pencil to draw it on.


And ta-da, here's the finished look! We already had the white polo and black pants, plus he just used his school shoes. I didn't include a vest and scarf anymore since they'll be wearing the costume the whole day and it might be hot. But I've seen some Harry Potter merchandise being sold in a stall in Alabang Town Center before (near National Bookstore) which includes clothing items (scarves, bonnets, shirts, jackets) for the different houses.

Wingardium Leviosa!
getting ready to face Voldemort...


Now I'll just keep this entire outfit so my youngest son can use it when the time comes haha! ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...