Friday, December 22, 2017

Toronto Trip: The charming town of Niagara-on-the-Lake

Before seeing the Niagara Falls, we first headed to Niagara-on-the-Lake (the historic town ranked as Canada’s #1 Food & Wine Destination by TripAdvisor) for some sightseeing and wine tasting.


Our first stop was the Jackson-Triggs Niagara Estate Winery, which is Canada’s most awarded winery. The place was huge, modern, and super beautiful!



I was so happy when I saw that the vineyards actually had leaves and grapes! The last time I went on a wine tasting tour was in Sydney Australia and it was during winter so everything was bare. But now this totally made me feel like I was in "A Walk In The Clouds" movie (one of my favorites).



Hubby and our other companions had a mini wine tasting session.


Meanwhile, I just wanted to stay here longer and run through the endless rows of grapes! It was just so beautiful!



And they also had a garden where they had GIANT cabbages! Look at the size compared to my foot!


Our next stop was this lovely beach area which I believe is Lake Ontario. It was really cold here, but the view was worth it. And we passed by lots of huge and beautiful houses too. I think it would be so nice to live here...





From across the lake, you can actually see the city of Toronto! That leftmost building is the CN Tower.


Our last stop was the historic Old Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. Honestly, this was one of the prettiest places I've been to, and it reminded me of Stars Hollow from Gilmore Girls.


The Heritage District is made for walking, with its boutique shops, cast-iron planters bursting with flowers, and horse-drawn carriages transporting riders to another time and place.




Love all the huge plants and flowers that lined the streets! It was so pretty.




And the quaint shops and stores, with buildings made of bricks. Everything was so picturesque!


Of course, hubby had to try some beer at The Exchange Brewery. We actually ended up buying 2 bottles of craft beer.


Located right in the heart of Niagara-on-the-Lake’s Old Town Heritage district, the Exchange is the area’s new premium brewery. Using local Niagara fruits, the Exchange’s craft beers range from classic American styles to sour and funky Belgian brews. All are on tap in the brewery’s tasting room.



For lunch, we ate at Corks Restaurant & Wine Bar, a local favourite located right on Queen Street.

fish and chips

Niagara-on-the-Lake was so beautiful and I wish we had more time to explore this lovely town. If ever we do go back, I would love to stay overnight in one of their bed and breakfasts for the complete experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...