Saturday, June 18, 2016

Thermos Food Jars & Water Bottles

My daughter is now in Grade 1 and her longer class schedule means she now has recess and lunch break in school. Therefore, I wanted to find a good food container that can keep her baon hot and a water bottle that can keep her water cold for hours.


I actually searched online for recommendations and came across this article which introduced me to the Thermos FUNtainer Food Jar. I saw a lot of good reviews for this product and was able to ask hubby to buy for me when he went on a work trip in Canada.

so many cute choices... and affordable too!

Here are the features of the FUNtainer Food Jar:
- Capacity: 10 oz
- Dimensions: 3.5" W x 3.5" D x 4.5" H
- Double wall vacuum insulation for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Extra wide mouth is easy to fill, serve from and clean
- BPA-Free
- Dishwasher safe (although we hand wash)

I personally love that they have such cute designs to choose from. They have plain colors like blue and pink, and also character ones like Disney Princess, My Little Pony, Mickey Mouse, Cars, SpiderMan, and many more. There was only Hello Kitty in the store though, but you can check online in the Thermos website or Amazon for the other styles.

The size is perfect for my daughter since she doesn't eat so much yet. But when she gets older, I think I'll get another one so I can separate the rice from the food.

According to the label, the jar keeps food hot for 5 hours (or cold for 7 hours). I tested it by putting freshly cooked rice in the jar for 5 hours. When I ate the rice, it was just the right temperature, and definitely not cold. So thumbs up!

I also read reviews that to keep the food hot longer, you have to properly preheat the jar. How? By adding hot water first, screwing the lid on and letting it sit for a few minutes. After, pour the hot water out, quickly dry, then add the food.


I also bought the bigger sized food jar for my son since he eats a whole lot more. The blue one has a 16 oz capacity compared to the 10 oz FUNtainer.


It also comes with a foldable spoon which is found when you open the top lid.


We haven't tested it yet, but the label says it keeps food hot for 7 hours (and cold for 9 hours) which is longer than the FUNtainer.


Having the spoon in the container is convenient, but the spoon is kinda hard to unfold! I had my 5 year old son try it and he kept pulling in the wrong direction at first. Although he finds the spoon "super cool", I think I'll have him bring a different one in the meantime. :)


The FUNtainer food jars also have matching water bottles if you want to get a set. We've actually been using these water bottles for a few months now (the Disney Princess and TMNT were given as a gift) and I didn't realize they were the same brand!


Here are the features:
- Capacity: 12 oz
- Dimensions: 2.6" W x 2.6" D x 7.0" H
- Double wall vacuum insulation for maximum cold temperature retention
- Hygienic push button lid with pop-up silicone straw is easy to open
- Kid-proof design - durable stainless steel interior and exterior withstands daily wear and tear
- Dishwasher safe
- Exterior stays condensation free
- Non-slip, scratch resistant base

I absolutely love these water bottles which have been tried and tested by my kids! It's really very easy to open, even my 2 year old has no problem with the push button. I've also popped these in my bag countless times and have had no experiences with leaks as well as condensation!

To keep the water cold longer, we put these in the fridge for a few hours before we have to leave the house. And it really stays cold for hours!

These bottles have gone through countless "accidents" as well and they still look brand new. The top and bottom rubber parts help absorb shock when it is dropped and prevent dents to the exterior.


I also got a bigger water bottle (18 oz) since my daughter now stays longer in school. But what initially caught my attention was this bottle's gorgeous floral design! I wanted to keep it for myself lol! ;p

this one has a rear push button, and the same type of silicone straw

I also happen to have an insulated lunch box which we got a few years ago, also from Thermos. I realized that we've been using their products for years now and they've really held up and delivered.


There are other good brands in the market as well, but so far, Thermos really works well for us. Anyway, hope this helps other parents looking for lunch supplies for their kids. I'm not sure if these are available locally, but you can definitely order online from Amazon. :)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...