Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Skyler's Baptism

We welcomed Skyler to the Christian world last month with a very simple gathering of family and friends. I was hoping to have the baptism a little later on to give me more time to prepare, but we decided to celebrate it together with his Lolo's 60th birthday so that it would just be one party.

Skyler was exactly 2 months old, so I didn't have the luxury of doing the usual DIY since I was honestly breastfeeding all the time! I was able to buy his outfit in SM (they have so many cute and affordable designs) and just reused his Kuya Sabe's old baptismal gown. I barely even remembered to buy candles and just placed ribbons on them the night before!


The baptism was held at St. Andrew the Apostle Parish Church in Bel-Air Makati. Cost for a private baptism was P1000 and then P100 for each pair of sponsors.


The private room was spacious and air-conditioned, so we were all very comfortable. The priest arrived at exactly 11:30am and started already even if I was missing a ninang and hubby had to run back to the car to retrieve the bapstismal hat! But everyone made it just in time for the actual ceremony, whew!


The ceremony was actually quite long since the priest wanted to stress the importance of baptism. I remember for Miley and Sabe, it was straight to the christening and it only lasted a few minutes. This time, the priest gave a homily about how baptisms are usually rushed nowadays and how most of us don't even know the date we were baptized (guilty!). The whole thing lasted for about 45 minutes and through it all, Skyler was just so behaved and sleeping peacefully. He didn't even cry when the holy water was poured on his head. :) But you know who was so loud? SABE! He was so malikot that the priest actually stopped his sermon a couple of times to ask who was the noisy boy hehe (umm yes, Father, anak po namin un). But I think he actually grew fond of Sabe because in the end, he even asked if they could take a picture together (and that's the only time Sabe became quiet haha!). ;p


The reception was held in Metropolitan Club, Bel-Air Makati. Like I said, this was probably the most straightforward party I ever hosted without the usual DIY stuff. I didn't even get extra decorations like balloons or flowers to spruce the place up, there was no photobooth, and I didn't even have a cake made! It was just a simple lunch with family and friends. I didn't even hire a professional photographer for this event, I just asked my sister to document everything (and she did a GREAT job I have to say!).

What I couldn't resist getting though was a dessert buffet. I know I could have done this myself, but I simply didn't have the time. I just couldn't picture myself going to the reception venue before the baptism to set everything up, and then get dressed, and then nurse a baby in between.

So I just looked for suppliers on Instagram and found One Sweet Day. This package they did cost P8,000. The set-up is lovely and all but I honestly expected more for the price (more candies, more decors... gets?). I'll just make bawi in Skyler's 1st birthday with my own DIY candy buffet, promise hehe!


So welcome to the Christian world our baby Skyler. We love you so much! Now time to plan your 1st birthday party! ;p


9 comments:

  1. blooming pretty mama. Congrats and welcome to the Christian world baby Skyler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mummy! Feel great cause i found your blog. Hehe ive been thinking where to baptize my 6weeks old son. And st.andrews is my target. Question sis ok lang ba ibaptize ko si baby jan sa st.andrews kahit dito ko located sa cityland (i hope you know hehe) its along buendia / dela rosa kase sabi nila it should be your parish and i guess my parish is not st.andrews. Where you from pala sis? Thanks in advance ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, St. Andrews is also not our parish. You just need to get a certification from your own parish allowing your baby to get baptized somewhere else. :)

      Delete
  3. nice blog. Ask ko lang san nyo nabili candle and yung white cloth with cross?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big candle and the white cloth are both given from the Church :)

      Delete
  4. Hi, how much po pa baptize sa st. Andrews? And for the sponsors mgkno?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During our time, cost for a private baptism was P1000 and then P100 for each pair of sponsors as stated in my post

      Delete
  5. Hi. I'm planning to held my son's baptism in st.andrews sana. Aside ba sa certificate from our parish ano pa ibang requirement needed? Does parents should be married ba? Kasi we are not married yet. I'm worried baka hanapan nila kami ng marriage certificate. Hehe thanks for your answer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jasmin! It was a few years ago na so they might have updated their requirements. Best to inquire directly with the parish siguro :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...