Friday, December 27, 2013

I've been hit by the nesting bug!

The urge to clean and organize is known as nesting. Nesting during pregnancy is the over whelming desire to get your home ready for your new baby. The nesting instinct is strongest in the later weeks coming up on delivery. It is an old wives tale that once nesting urges begin, labor is about to come on. (source)

images from google.com

I've been so calm and collected this whole pregnancy, probably because this is baby #3 already. I feel like I already know what to expect and I have everything I need like the crib, stroller, baby clothes, toys, breastfeeding stuff, etc. Piece of cake...

But then about 2 weeks ago, I suddenly realized that I couldn't remember where I stored my favorite breastfeeding cover-up. This led to me search my entire closet for it and when I couldn't find it, I then moved to the attic to search through the old baby stuff in storage. Well, I never found it, but I then realized that I finally needed to fix the stuff for baby #3's arrival!

So there I was, going through box after box of baby things, looking for the newborn sizes, mittens, socks, receiving blankets, and anything else the baby might need. I'm in my final weeks of pregnancy so you can imagine the effort it was taking me to do this - heavy belly, aching back and all. I knew I shouldn't exert myself so much, but I just NEEDED to do it! I was lifting and opening boxes like a madwoman, separating the things I needed from the stuff I could already give away. I discovered so many things in storage I had already forgotten about and felt like I needed to organize and sort everything! I was in panic mode when I started to think about old baby things that were put away which I needed to bring down - are the crib's parts still complete? where was my breastfeeding pillow? what about that sleeper, rocker and car seat?! Aaargh, why was I just doing this now???!!!!

Even though I knew I could ask help from hubby or our yaya, I just wanted to do everything myself. I was so ready to spend the entire day in the attic but then common sense took over since I was already getting lightheaded and got scared I might suddenly go into labor hehe!

Well, it didn't stop there. I now also want to clean out everyone's closets and categorize everything. I'm a self-confessed hoarder but I now have a sudden urge to throw most of our stuff out. Oh, and did I mention I want to redecorate the house? (serious!)

Now that Christmas is over, our house has become even more filled with new toys and gifts! They're currently in the guest room which is supposed to be the nursery, but it's so messy right now I don't even know where to start. I honestly can't even sleep just thinking about the clutter and wanting to put everything in order before the baby comes. I mean, I haven't even fixed my hospital bag yet!

This nesting instinct is really hitting me hard and with everything I want to do, I wouldn't be surprised if I go into labor soon hehe. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...