Friday, December 13, 2013

Gift wrapping on a budget

I've just started wrapping Christmas gifts a few days ago and it's really something that I enjoy and find therapeutic.


I started with the gifts for Miley's classmates and school staff and I love how everything turned out. I used kraft paper (P6.50 a pack) and Manila paper (P6.00 a pack) to wrap everything, then just jazzed them up using the decorative/washi tape I got from Divisoria (6 pcs for P100!). I didn't even use gift tags for most of them, since I just wrote the recipients name right on the paper using colored markers. :)

Manila and kraft paper basically costs the same, but I like the color and texture of kraft paper better.

I bought the washi tape a few months ago and didn't really have any with a Christmas design. But the beauty of using decorative tape is you can totally get creative and mix and match different colors and patterns! Here are some of the ways I decorated each gift. The possibilities are endless and each package is completely personalized! :)


Here I am practicing my scripty handwriting. What do you think? haha! :p


I was able to wrap 12 gifts using about 2 packs of kraft paper. And at P6.50 a pack, that's like P1 per gift! Add the decorative tape (which you don't really need much of per package) and I think I spent a total of less than P5 wrapping each present! Yey! See, you totally don't need to spend so much to make your gifts look cute. Anyway, you can also check out my post last year for other gift wrapping ideas. Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi MrsMommyHolic... I would like to ask what NBS branch did you buy your manila kraft paper??? this DIY project looks cute that i want to make it for wrapping gifts. thanks! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it in Alabang Town Center, pero I haven't been able to find any after I got them hehe. Naubos na ata! Let me know if you find any! ;p

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...