Friday, March 9, 2012

Wicked in Singapore!

Now you know why I haven't been able to blog as much these past few days. =) I'm actually in Singapore now with Vins, who has been here for almost a month for work. Singapore is one of my favorite places in the world, so when the chance to go here came up, I figured I could go and take a little vacation of my own. We debated about whether to take the kids or not, but then decided against it since Vins would be a bit busy with work. Plus, it was last minute so we didn't have time to really prepare for it (should we bring Yaya? are our parents coming as well?). We figured, we'll just come back next time. For now, this is just a chance for me and Vins to spend quality time together (everyone's been kidding we might go home with baby number 3 on the way haha!). We miss the kids so much, but our parents have been so supportive about taking care of the kids while I'm gone for a few days.

Anyway, everyone's been raving about Wicked since it opened in Marina Bay Sands last December. To be honest, I'm not such a big fan of musicals or plays. But since we would be in Singapore anyway, might as well watch and see what the fuss was about (I mean, I know a lot of people who are going to Singapore just to watch this!).


Weeeeell... it was FANTASTIC! Me and Vins had no idea what the musical was about (well, I knew it was about the Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz but that was it), plus I didn't know any of the songs. But Wicked worked its magic on me the minute it started! I was completely drawn into the story of Elphaba and Glinda. The plot was amazing, showing what was really going on with the story of the Wizard of Oz and how we don't really know the truth behind it. Well, I don't really want to spoil it for everyone. The beauty for me about watching this was not knowing what will happen. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the story to unfold. And what a story it was!


I loved the songs, the actors, their voices, the costumes, the stage design, everything! I didn't know that Defying Gravity (which was sung in Glee) was from Wicked so I was pleasantly surprised when they started singing it during what would end up to be my favorite scene. I'm actually on LSS mode right now, singing the song every 5 minutes (Vins is going crazy I tell you)!

gorgeous, intricate costumes
some of the swatches from the many fabulous oufits in the musical
The cast that night was amazing!

I'm so happy we got a chance to watch this. We had so much fun during our date night and are now certified Wicked fans! I hope they get to bring this to Manila so other people can get a chance to watch this too. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...