Saturday, June 30, 2018

Giving our gate a fresh coat of paint

I've hardly done any DIY projects inside the house lately since I guess I've been pretty happy with how everything is so far. However, one thing I neglected was the outside. And that something was our GATE.


I've been noticing that a lot of the black paint has been peeling off, which really made the gate look gross. After giving it some thought, I decided to just do it ourselves since it seemed pretty easy.

our yaya helped in scraping off the peeling paint and sanding it down
Bought this BOYSEN Quick Drying Enamel paint (B-690 Black) in Ace Hardware. We just got the smallest can plus a couple of brushes.

Me and hubby were supposed to do the painting, but then Miley decided she wanted to help out as well. They did the first coat, then I was the one who did the second coat.

teamwork
BEFORE (back part)
AFTER (back part)
BEFORE (front part)
AFTER (front part)

And after a few hours, our gate looks new again. And it cost less than P500! Anyway, our whole exterior house also got painted but this time I hired professional painters already haha ;p Will post about it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...