Saturday, May 9, 2015

Craving for Custaroons

I'm currently addicted to these yummy custaroons by Gigi Gaerlan. To the uninitiated, a custaroon is "a deliciously unique combination of smooth and creamy flan topped with a chewy, buttery crust".


This business started out in a small shop at St. Pio Chapel compound in Libis. The first time I tasted this was when my brother-in-law's girlfriend, who lived in QC, brought some for us. It was love at first bite! The top layer is a chewy macaroon crown and the bottom layer is a melt in your mouth flan.


Since then, I've been hooked and I was so happy when I started seeing their kiosks in different malls around the metro.

The Custaroonery kiosk in Century City Mall

I also love the design of their boxes which come in different colors. Also makes this a nice gift idea. :)


You can choose from 2 flavors, original or cheese. I prefer the original although the cheese actually tastes the same for me, it's just creamier. It comes in 2 sizes, the regular custaroon which is about 2" in diameter and the mini ones which are half the size. I personally prefer the mini custaroons since they're easier for me to eat. ;p

Box of 15 (bite-size)
original - P210
cheese or half/half - P240
Box of 6 (regular size)
original - P210
cheese or half-half - P240

If you haven't tried these yet, you definitely must! You can check out their website www.custaroons.com for more info on their products, pricelist and branches. Happy eating! :)

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...