Saturday, January 18, 2014

DIY Flower Crown

I had a vision for my maternity shoot and I knew I wanted to wear a flower crown for that boho, free-spirited look. Luckily, all the materials came together and I was able to make one which I completely love! :)


I got all the artificial flowers from Uniwide for a steal:
long flowers: P29 each, purple flowers: P15 each, white flowers: P49

I also got these floral stems from National Bookstore to hold all the flowers together:

Can I just say I'm so happy I found these flowers with the long stems! Without them, I don't know what I would have used for the base. They're made of wire so I was able to bend and shape it into a circle to fit my head.

I just used masking tape to connect the ends together:

I then pulled apart the other flowers to put on the crown:

Then, I used the floral wire to attach the flowers to the crown. Just keep wrapping them around the stems tightly and layering on the flowers to your liking:

And here's my finished crown! I just placed the flowers halfway since it won't be seen in the back anyways. But you can go ahead and continue everything the whole way.

And there you have it! I think it totally completed my look for my maternity shoot don't you think? :)

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...