Monday, July 1, 2013

DIY Stencil Art (and other things you can do using a black marker!)

We're currently redecorating my sister's room, which used to be my room (together with hubby and the kids) back when we were still living with my mom. Anyway, I almost forgot about this little wall art I did 3 years ago which I believe is actually my very first DIY home project! This whole thing was done with black markers and I did this when I was pregnant with Miley so it holds a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, it's not my sister's style so she insisted on painting over it (despite my objections!). ;p


I remember back then when wall stickers were so expensive, which is how this project came about. I figured I can just draw this on the wall myself! What I did was search for a photo of a cherry blossom stencil online like the one below (sorry, I couldn't find the exact one I used back then). Then, I printed an enlarged version which I made sure fit the area on the wall perfectly. Don't worry if the print out is all pixelated or blurry after enlarging it. You just need it as a guide anyway. Then, I cut out all the black shapes, taped it to the wall, then traced it using pencil. Then, I just filled it in with black pentel pen after. :)

source

It took me a couple of markers and hours to finish it, but here's how it looked after:


I'm going to miss my cherry blossom wall art, but at least I can always recreate it since it's so easy to do. Here are other projects I found online using black markers. I love the first one since it's like what I did only it was done on the whole wall like wallpaper. Brilliant!

source
source
source
source
source

Don't you just love easy and cheap projects like these that make a big statement? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...