Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Tokyo Travel Diaries: Koishikawa Korakuen Garden

Autumn is definitely my favorite season. I just love how the weather is cold, but not too cold. How the leaves are all red and yellow. How I can finally wear all my coats and sweaters lol! I'm sure Japan is one of the top destinations during fall/winter, and one of the places I visited during my last trip to Tokyo was the Koishikawa Korakuen Garden.



Koishikawa Korakuen is one of Tokyo's oldest and best Japanese gardens. Like most traditional Japanese gardens, Koishikawa Korakuen attempts to reproduce famous landscapes in miniature, using ponds, stones, trees and manmade hills to replicate both Japanese and Chinese scenery.


Koishikawa Korakuen is a 5-10 minute walk from Iidabashi Station along the JR Chuo Line (local trains only) and the Tozai, Yurakucho, Namboku and Oedo Subway Lines, a 5-10 minute walk from JR Suidobashi Station along the JR Chuo Line (local trains only), or a 10 minute walk from Korakuen Station along the Marunouchi and Namboku Subway Lines. Me and my friend just used Google Maps and we were able to get there with no problems.

lots of signs along the way to guide you
entrance to the garden
hours and fees
ready to explore
map of the garden

The garden was super beautiful this time of year, with all the gorgeous colors of autumn. And the sky was so blue without any clouds, which was the perfect backdrop to the trees!

the Tokyo Dome in the background
the reflection in the water was just magical












Koishikawa Korakuen is definitely a beautiful escape from urban Tokyo. The garden was just the right size and an hour was enough for me and my friend to take hundreds of photos. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...