Sunday, May 1, 2016

DIY: Popsicle Stick Characters

Now that it's the summer break, I sometimes feel like I'm busier than when the kids were in school. Between driving and accompanying them to their different activities/workshops/playdates, I also have to think of ways to keep them entertained at home.



Well, here's one project that my 6 year old actually thought of. We were in National Bookstore one day buying art supplies when she pointed to these rainbow colored popsicle sticks on the shelf.


She then proceeded to look for googly eyes and when I asked her what she was going to make, she said stick characters!


Then just gather any markers, paints, or coloring materials for decorating.


I actually just left them in their room and they were busy for more than an hour. Usually, they'd call me and ask for help, but for this project, it was all them! :)


After I came in to check on them, they showed me their works of art. This is their self-portraits:


And my daughter also made these Disney Princesses characters. If you can't tell, that's Snow White, Jasmine, Aurora, and Rapunzel. :)


Meanwhile, my 5 year old son made these Marvel Superheroes. I had trouble identifying some of them (he knows his characters more than me lol), but I applaud his creativity! From the left is Spider-Man, Hulk, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Red Hulk (the Hulk's brother daw), and Nick Fury haha!


I just love this project since it's so easy and fun for the kids. They get to exercise their imagination with the simplest of materials. Plus after they made their characters, they spent another hour playing with them. Now that's a win in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...