Monday, February 15, 2016

DIY Owl Loot Bags

For Miley's OWLentine party, I made these super cute loot bags to fit the theme. Read on for the easy tutorial.



First, you'll need gift bags in any size or color of your choice. You can even use those brown paper sandwich bags, but I prefer these since they have a handle. These cost P14.50 each from National Bookstore.


I still had these paper doillies from a previous project, so I decided to use these too.


You can choose to just draw on the eyes, but I wanted to use these googly eyes for added cuteness. These are also from National Bookstore.


Then, just cut out round shapes for the eyes. I used 3 different sizes so I can layer them one on top of the other. Try to use different paper types to give it more depth as well.

I cut the biggest circle from an old brown folder
the middle circle from bond paper

then I used my scallop 2" cutter for the smallest circle
glue the circles from biggest to smallest
then add the googly eyes

Use the doily as the owl's body. Then position the eyes on top.


I then printed out the personalized tags using the line "I'll OWLways be your friend!" and placed these in the middle each doily.


Last minute, I decided to add a nose. I just cut out a diamond shape from some yellow paper and then glued this in the middle of the owl's eyes.


And there you have it! You can be as creative as you want with the colors which will depend on your theme. You can even use printed paper for the eyes and body (if you don't have doilies).


What was inside the loot bags? Valentine and owl themed goodies of course!

assorted Valentine chocolates
owl fans from Metro Department Store (P49)
owl headbands from SM (P69.75)
luggage tags from Metro (P79), keychains from National Bookstore (P39) and magnets from SM (P50)
assorted snacks from the grocery (in Valentine colors of red and pink of course)

This was such a fun and easy project and the kids found the bags so cute! Definitely one of my favorite DIY projects. :)


7 comments:

  1. omg so cute and easy to make! I love the owl keychains and headbands! nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parang gusto ko tuloy ng owl theme! Kaya lang I have boys eh no girl pa hehehe! Ganda neto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pwede din naman pang boys! Woodland theme tapos brown, blue or green colors :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! where did you purchase your scallop cutter? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it from a stall in Alabang Town Center a few years back. Unfortunately, the store isn't there anymore and I can't remember the name sorry! :)

      Delete
  4. Galing! At ang cute rin ng cake and cupcake stands mo. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...