Friday, July 17, 2015

Kracie Popin' Cookin' Bento Making Kit

Kracie Popin' Cookin' is a series of Japanese Do-It-Yourself candy making kits using just powder and water. I first encountered this when I saw my daughter watching a tutorial video on YouTube. It seemed so fun to do so when I saw some in a local bazaar, I just had to buy her one!



We got the Bento making kit and if I remember correctly I think it cost about P240. You can also buy kits like this from Instagram sellers like @diyfun_ph.

the contents of the kit with the different flavored powders

There were English instructions but I wanted to know if we were really doing it correctly. So I looked for the tutorial video on YouTube hehe. I remembered my daughter watching this countless times before, so it was such a treat making it for real this time. Plus, it was so much easier doing it with the video demo. ;p

instructions
video tutorial (thank goodness for YouTube!)

It was really easy to do since all the powder sachets are pre-measured already. So all you needed to do was put them in the assigned container and add the specified amount of water.


Then just mix and watch the liquid turn into gel!


This part is where you put the "sesame" powder for the riceball and panda face.


This is the spaghetti mixture:


The you just put the paste into the plastic bag and cut off the tip to make a piping bag. Then squeeze out your noodles!


Ta-da! What do you think of our creation? The noodles definitely need more work but everything looks really good. And for the flavors, the riceball is soda, the sausage is strawberry, the fried chicken is orange, the broccoli is muscat, the sesame and spaghetti are grape, and the eggroll is lemon. But to be honest, we didn't eat this since it looked too cute! We just let it be and it turned rock hard after a few days hehe. ;p


After doing this, I definitely recommend this activity not just for kids but for the whole family! :)

3 comments:

  1. cute!! learning is fun!! kids will surely love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! is it really edible? would love to get one for my girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is edible but we didn't eat ours coz it was so cute e hehe! ;p Get one, it's so fun to do :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...