Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Beach Wedding

When I think of beach weddings, the first thing that comes to mind is a simple ceremony, an intimate reception, and of course a gorgeous sunset as backdrop. Well, this was my first time to attend a beach wedding (held at Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa), and what a wedding it was! The bride is our good friend and blockmate from college and I think my expectations will forevermore be set to the standards of this event! There were so many beautiful and amazing details from the wedding that I could not possibly show all the pictures here. So allow me to just share some of my favorite moments from that day.


Can I just share that I forgot to pack hubby's pants! I was so focused on making sure his white polo didn't get wrinkled in the bag that the pants totally slipped my mind. Ooops! He was all set to wear shorts but good thing he was able to borrow a pair at the last minute. They were a bit big for him but it was all good. =) And look at the gorgeous lace parasols which they gave all the guests (along with lace fans).


After the ceremony, they served cocktails and had some entertainment including a mesmerizing dance number from "fire queen" Rachel Lobangco herself. Then, everyone moved to the reception area at the beach which was transformed into a beautiful tented set-up.


This was my absolute favorite part of the night, when they had everyone light floating lanterns. It was a real life "Tangled" moment seeing the lanterns light up the sky amidst the sailboats in the water.


Haha my friends and I couldn't resist having our photos taken with Christian Bautista, who performed a couple of songs, and Drew Arellano, who hosted the reception. It was a good thing I was right beside both guys, so I could just crop out my friends hahaha! ;p


Another amazing moment was the couple's entrance, via dragon boats! I swear, it was just like a scene from a movie.


And then, we also had a special participation since the couple asked some of their friends and family to be part of a flash mob dance number. We danced to Starships and Gangnam Style! It was super fun although a bit embarrassing at first hahaha! The after, there was a spectacular fireworks display.


There was also an after party in the resort's entertainment center where there were more drinks and fun to be had. I won't tell you anymore what happened during that part because as they say, what happens in Boracay, stays in Boracay! hahaha! But again, congratulations to our friends for this awesome and memorable celebration. Definitely one for the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...