Sunday, January 7, 2018

Phoenix Court at The Bellevue Manila

Our family spent December 24-25 at The Bellevue Manila, and of course we had to think about where we were going to eat for Christmas Eve. I knew most restaurants would be closed and the malls were only until 7pm, so luckily Bellevue had a lot of in-house dining options to choose from.

Probably the most popular one was Phoenix Court, which is the only fine dining Chinese restaurant in the city.


Phoenix Court features our Chinese Chef’s creative take on authentic Chinese cuisine. Savor its signature entrees such as Peking Duck, Mango Lapu-lapu, Two Variety Chicken, and Beef Tenderloin in Pepper Sauce. Its Dimsum and Noodle Bar offers freshly-made dimsum and dumplings. The Phoenix Court can accommodate private dinners for groups of eight up to 25 persons. 


you can't miss that huge phoenix mural right as you enter

I mentioned in my previous post that I didn't even bother making advance reservations since I didn't think a lot of people stayed in hotels during Christmas (boy was I wrong!). So when I called the restaurant after we checked-in, I found out that they were fully booked already for dinner!

Well, what we did was just have a late dinner, and when we went down at around 8:30pm, there were already available seats just as I predicted. We weren't seated at the main dining area though, rather the ballroom right across where they had also set up tables and chairs (probably due to the high number of guests that night).

Anyway, I had been reading a lot of good reviews about Phoenix Court online, so I was really excited to finally try it out.

We were given these peanuts for starters and it's the soft boiled kind, so not exactly my type. My sister described it as parang binabad sa tea daw...


We ordered these dishes:

Roasted Crispy Lechon Macao
Poached Hainanese Chicken
sauces

The Lechon Macao and Hainanese Chicken were appetizers, but they were like main dishes na din because of the size. Actually, when the server was taking our orders, she was asking what size of dishes we wanted, like small or medium. We just got small for everything since she said it was good for 2-3 persons naman. And good thing we did, since the servings were really very generous.

Quick-Fried Beef Tenderloin with Black Pepper
Sweet and Sour Pork

We got a medium for the rice though, obviously haha! #KaninIsLife

Young Chow Fried Rice

We were 6 adults (kids ate at Mcdonald's prior to this) and the food was super sakto for us already. Everything was so good, I can't even pick a favorite (maybe the beef tenderloin if I really had to choose)! The best part was, we got 20% off our bill since we were hotel guests! If I remember correctly, we paid about P2,600 for the meal. Not bad right?


Anyway, while looking at the pics I realized we didn't even have a proper group photo! I guess we were all so hungry already we just dived right in when the food was served haha!



Anyway, Phoenix Court definitely lived up to our expectations. Food was delicious and price was very affordable considering it is located in a 5-star hotel. For sure we will be back!


Phoenix Court
2/F Tower Wing - The Bellevue Manila
North Bridgeway, Filinvest Corporate City
Alabang, Muntinlupa City
Seating Capacity: 250 seats
Operating Hours: 
Open from Tuesday to Sunday
11:00am to 2:30pm
6:00pm to 10:00pm
For reservations, call (632) 7718181 local 2211 or email dine@thebellevue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...