Saturday, August 2, 2014

Local Edition Coffee and Tea

Back when I was still working in advertising, my office was located in Enterprise Bldg. Makati. I loved how there were so many restaurants and cafes within the vicinity where we could have lunch, meetings, or just hang out (or vent!) after work.

When I had a recent get together with my high school friends, one of them suggested we try out her new business venture, Local Edition, which is located in Perea St. I haven't been to the area in a while, but I think me and my officemates have tried almost all the restos in that street back then. So it was quite nostalgic for me walking there and seeing all the office folks out for lunch. That used to be me hehe! ;p

Anyway, Local Edition just opened last June 2014 and it's your new specialty coffee shop in the neighborhood.

love this table that welcomes you as you enter
A cafe where people can gather, be inspired and create.
love all the burlap buntings that hang on the ceiling
The grids on the walls and ceiling can be used to hang artwork / art installations for future exhibits
newspapers to read while having coffee or tea
more seating outside
LE hashtags. Check out their IG account @LocalEdition
orders are taken at the counter

Here's a closer look at their menu. They have one blend using local coffee beans called the Perea Blend (named after their street of course) and then you can choose to have it however way you like. You can also take your pick among their tea variants.

love the iced gem cookie that comes with each cup! so cute!

They also serve some food and we were able to try almost all the items on the menu. Everything was so yummy and reasonably priced too. But I have to say my favorites were the Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Tomato Soup. Super craving right now! ;p

Soup of the Day: Tomato
Gooey Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Chorizo Con Huevos
Caprese Pasta
Chicken Caesar Sandwich
they also serve dessert like Carrot Bars, Tablea Brownies, and Banana Bread

They also have some coffee paraphernalia for sale on one side of the cafe. It was so funny because at first glance, my friend and I thought the plants were the ones for sale since the prices were on the pots. We were like, ang mahal naman ng plants na to! Ooops hehe! ;p

closer look

Local Edition is definitely a welcome addition in Perea St. It's the perfect place to just hang and relax while enjoying a cup of coffee or tea. If you work around the area, this is a great place to brainstorm or have meetings since the atmosphere is just laid-back. It's also a perfect place to hold workshops (just inquire for their rates which are very affordable).



LOCAL EDITION COFFEE AND TEA
116 Perea St. Legaspi Village, 1229 Makati
0917-8310056
M-F: 730AM - 730PM / SAT: 830AM - 6PM
www.facebook.com/localeditionph

Instagram: @LocalEdition

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...